Finding Generational Similarities To Improve Communication
Do your coworkers have divergent thinking and communication preferences?
Maybe their values and the lens by which they see the world is different than yours?
Are you experiencing varying levels of emotional intelligence within your organization?
The year 2020 has introduced unexpected changes to our lives, with more to come in 2021. From staying in the workforce longer to working from home and having to home school children to corporate layoffs to feeling emotional due to events shared by the media, each of us feels the change in our own unique way. Although the changes affecting us are different, there are ways we can partner with one another to identify commonalities, honor our journeys, and begin to thrive together.
Why This Is Not A Typical Training On Generational Differences
- Identify ten values, or life principles, that are the same across all generations working today.
- Recognize examples of how society pits one generation against the next creating a culture of division.
- Assess the hidden influences of Jung’s four life stages and Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
- Compare environmental factors that contribute to each generation’s beliefs and “differences.”
- Develop questions you can ask to find commonality regardless of what generation you’re working with.
- Perform one-to-one and team meeting structures that open lines of communication and build trust.
- Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email with link to join the Zoom meeting.
- There will be approximately 50 minutes of interactive presentation and 10 minutes of Q&A.
- You will receive worksheets to apply key takeaways and share with your colleagues.
- The recording will be emailed to all attendees.
- Attendance will be limited to the first 100 registrants.