The Right Attitude
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company…a church…a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is attitude…I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.” -Charles Swindoll
There are things that are simply out of your control. Regardless of what happens to you, you make conscious decisions about how you deal with life’s circumstances. You can choose to think that the world is out to get you and there is nothing you can do to change it, or, you can make the choice to create a new and more meaningful future for yourself.
Here is a simple equation to help you remember how important attitude is on life. Make Life 100%.
Here are a few suggestions on how to change your attitude and the benefits of the change.
How to Change Your Attitude
- Understand that a negative mindset manifests stress/worry/doubt/unwanted events
- Consciously choose to be happy and optimistic about the present and future
- Visualize only positive events occurring
- Believe that the universe will help you
- Associate more with positive/happy/optimistic people
- Read motivational books/websites/quotes
- Step outside your comfort zone, take risks, and learn daily
Benefits of Changing Your Attitude
- Happiness in many areas of your life
- More energy to help you do more of the things you love
- Goals achieved faster
- Success, in any way you define it, achieved more easily
- Ability to inspire others to break free and achieve greatness
Zig Ziglar once said, “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
You can choose to get unstuck by simply waking up and consciously thinking optimism. The magic happens when you step outside your comfort zone and do things that test your limits and help you grow. You can set the altimeter as high as you like, as long as you have a positive attitude.